Two is Better Than One A Fuller Picture of the Potential
The inspiring set of leaders who applied to the be a part of the inaugural cohort compelled us to re-examine the opportunity presented to all of us as we select the Castanea Fellows. The breadth and depth of the applicants, time dedicated towards the process, ability to honor the fuller diversity presented in the candidate pool, and opportunity to showcase a broader set of leaders to exemplify Castanea Fellows led us to proposing two cohorts: a 2019 and 2020 cohort.
We also recognize that we still have more sectors, voices, and experiences to include and look forward to doing that with the future cohorts.
- Alex Askew | BCAGlobal | New York, NY
- Anthony Chang | Kitchen Table Advisors | San Francisco, CA
- Bren Smith | GreenWave | New Haven, CT
- Chris Newman | Sylvanaqua Farms | Montross, VA
- Deepa Iyer | Keerai Farm | Enumclaw, WA
- Helga Garza | Agri-Cultura Cooperative | Albuquerque, NM
- Jose Oliva | Food Chain Workers Alliance | Chicago, IL
- Kelly Carlisle | Acta Non Verba | Oakland, CA
- Shane Bernardo | Food As Healing | Detroit, MI
- Shantell Bingham | Charlottesville Food Justice Network | Charlottesville,VA
- Tamara Jones | SAAFON | Atlanta, GA
- Tavia Benjamin | Independent Consultant | Durham, NC
We will share more about this cohort in 2020!